Monday, November 22, 2004
It's a new week. I struggled at the end of last week, and we went out to a show last night so I had dinner out. (I got a salad and had the dressing on the side, but then I had a candy bar for dessert.) But Monday mornings start my new week on the Weight Watchers program (which I follow online only, and not very well at that), so this morning I weighed myself. I weighed in at 172.5, which is up from last week (bah!) but I'll take it. This week is probably going to be a total writeoff because of Thanksgiving, but I'm going to spend the other days trying to eat healthy to offset the holiday meal. I'm a vegetarian, so I won't be having big helpings of turkey with gravy or anything like that, but there is always plenty to eat at my parents' church's potluck dinner. I'm not into denying myself on the holidays - in fact I consider it almost rude to only eat a salad - but I will try to at least exercise portion control.

So far so good today, although I had a bagel for breakfast because I had to get up insanely early and therefore hit my snooze button and didn't have time for a more sensible breakfast. I don't feel too guilty about the bagel, and I didn't have any dessert after lunch (which happened kind of late, around 2:45). I'm getting to be in the mood for a snack (it's not quite dinnertime), so I will probably have some carrots. That sounds good right now!


3 Comments:


(please leave your name in the comment if you are commenting without a Blogger account)

Hey nifty! I'm on ww too! :-D Been on it for a couple of months now. Did you reach your goal on WW the first time, and did you go on maintenance, or did you just stop doing the program?
~Lisa (lizzamay)

By Blogger L, at November 23, 2004 at 1:03 AM  

I basically just stopped. My goal at that time was 115 (I've since revised it upward to a more realistic 120) so I had 19 pounds to go before goal. These days I'd be delighted to be back to where I was when I stopped...sigh!

By Blogger Meredith Peruzzi, at November 23, 2004 at 8:43 AM  

Hi!

I was just reading a fascinating book at the library called "The Perfect Diet" by Lisa Sanders. It has about 3 different actually diets (the usual-low carbs, low cal, low fat) in there but that is not the great part about the book. What is really cool is the questionnaire and diary part, I did it last night. It is long, you keep a food and exercise diary for a week, and then answer this maybe 50 page question that is broken down into sections that help determine where you might have problems with diets and eating in general. I found it quite helpful. I think it is compatible with WW. Reading it feels more like going to the dietitian which I used to do. I can be very disorganized about food. I am not supposed to eat wheat or milk so to eat properly I must plan.
Anyway good luck, if you are craving sugar and carbs plain sweet potatoes sweet to help me.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 23, 2004 at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

About:
Meredith Peruzzi
Meredith Peruzzi

Status:
173/168/120

Archives:
November 2004
December 2004



Credits:
powered by blogger
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com